[tex-hyphen] String preparation

Élie Roux elie.roux at telecom-bretagne.eu
Fri May 27 11:28:31 CEST 2016

Thanks a lot for the example, this is really good!

>> \hjcode`^^^^0301=0
>
> hjcode accepts a number (as any code primitive), the ` just turn a
> character into a number

Ok, but what about this example (which is the most interesting use case
as this is something impossible to achieve even by modifying the
patterns in a convoluted way) :

(I think you'll need the patterns at

https://github.com/gregorio-project/hyphen-la/blob/master/patterns/hyph.la.ecclesiastic.txt

for the test to be working)

\lefthyphenmin3

cœli % should be cœli

cœ́li % should be cœ́-li

\hjcode 769=0 % combining acute counts for 0

cœ́li % would be great if it was cœ́li

> indeed that is the limitation .. in that case either you use the hj
> code for the class or for the length (i assume that the number of
> classes with ae oe is pretty small esp when we consider them not to
> be that similar) ... patterns are already obscure enough in order not
> to add yet another level of complexity and as argued before have a
> few more patterns is not a problem (one can always for more complex
> situationsn, heuristics etc run over the list and mess with nodes)

Indeed, we already have the patterns with ǽ anyway, so it's not a big
limitation...

Thank you!
--
Elie