[tex-hyphen] String preparation

Élie Roux elie.roux at telecom-bretagne.eu
Thu May 26 08:59:18 CEST 2016

> They work if you add 8́  (8, acute accent), which you should have
> anyway.

Well, I think we don't understand each other, I give up

> Yes, that’s 1300 patterns, in other words nothing.

Ok

> \lefthyphenmin and \righthyphenmin are only conveniences to avoid
> specifying certains patterns,

That's not the way I see it, but ok

> \savinghyphcodes

Interesting, where is it documented?

> there is a concept in Unicode, that of grapheme cluster
> (http://unicode.org/glossary/#grapheme_cluster),

Looks like the right concept indeed

> Clearly that’s the direction we need to go if we want to improve the
> situation; there could be an additional set of parameters for
> hyphenation, or a switch to change the interpretation of \left and
> \righthyphenmin.

How do you foresee an implementation for this? This has to be in the
engine right? And how would you specify that? With a new primitive, or a
new symbol in the patterns (œ, )?

Thank you,
--
Elie