[tex-hyphen] Names of files in OFFO

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Thu Mar 17 18:05:20 CET 2016

Am Thu, 17 Mar 2016 15:11:31 +0100 schrieb Javier Bezos:

>  > The babel code certainly push to think in this way. But imho nothing
>  > prevents a language.ldf author to setup  internally three
>  > (independant) languages, e.g. classiclatin, medievallatin,
>  > modernlatin,
>
> In fact, german, austrian and swissgerman have been defined as
> separated languages (even if defined in a single file) for ages.
> If variants are needed, this is the way to go.
>
>  > But as this questions doesn't affect only latin but other languages
>  > with modifiers too it should be perhaps better be handled by babel
>  > in some way.
>
> Modifiers are mainly intended for readjustmens in a variant
> which are considered global, as well as settings which must
> be known somwhow when the ldf is loaded.

Well normally you naturally use only one version/variant of a
language in a document. But as I can imagine that someone would like
to show both -- e.g. to demonstrate differences -- I would probably
always try to implement things so that the variants are independant
and can be switched in a document.

--
Ulrike Fischer
http://www.troubleshooting-tex.de/