[tex-hyphen] Polyglossia and Latin

Apostolos Syropoulos asyropoulos at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 18:32:43 CEST 2016

> Apostolos Syropoulos is included as Cc. He might suggest to use a similar
> approach for Greek; at the moment the only gloss-greek.ldf language
> definition file works correctly only with XeLaTeX. I know he is not
> enthusiast of LuaLaTeX, but he might change his mind when he discovers the
> typesetting properties of LuaLaTeX, in particular the full power with
> microtype, that with XeLaTeX can be used only for protrusion and not for
> character expansion. Another feature is that LuaLaTeX can directly produce
> PDF/A-compliant long term archivable documents, while at the moment with
> XeLaTeX it is impossible to achieve this goal, unless some tweaking is done
> (the problem with XeLaTeX is that its native output is in an extended form
> of the DVI format: this file is piped into an extended DVI to PDF
> converter, that, on turn, cannot correctly do the job if file compression
> is desired, because the PDF/A metadata should not be compressed)

​Dear Claudio,​

​I think that noone is really interested in what I like and what I do not
like. In addition, I do not really care about
PDF/A. I really find almost stupid this idea about a document format that
will allow people in the future to
read my files, but this is my own personal view.

A.S.

--
Apostolos Syropoulos
Xanthi, GREECE