[tex-hyphen] Renaming plain pattern files in hyph-utf8: feedback?

Claudio Beccari claudio.beccari at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 08:54:53 CEST 2016

What do you mean with "2 for Greek unless you count Ancient Greek
together with modern Greek"?
Definitely Ancient Greek and modern Greek  are two different things for
both hyphenation and lexicon.
May be modern monotoniko and modern polutoniko may be merged in one for
what concerns hyphenation, because the lexicon is the same and the rules
for hyphenating are the same; just the use of diacritical signs is
different. I'd say that monotoniko hyphenation is a subset of
polutoniko; but only Apostolos can confirm this statement.
for Greek there is another complication; for 8-bit aware typesetting
engines the hyphenation patterns are different; at the moment they are
saved in a directory different from hyph-utf8 and i do not see any means
for getting rid of them and of the  8-bit LGR encoding.

Claudio