[tex-hyphen] synonyms for language identifiers (for Arthur Reutenauer)

Pablo Rodríguez oinos at web.de
Thu Jul 9 00:03:39 CEST 2015

Hi Arthur,

I would like to ask you whether it would be possible to implement a
basic feature in polyglossia.

The message is public to allow everyone to contribute to the
conversation (or to correct me, in case I’ missing something).

In short, would it be possible to implement language synonyms in
polyglossia following the ISO 639 conventions.

This feature would be extremely useful for pandoc. Otherwise it is
really problematic to set the document main language to UK English.

I would be really interested in this feature (altough I don’t use LaTeX
myself). If you give me three examples, I could submit the list of
supported languages.

Could this feature be implemented in polyglossia?

Many thanks for your help,

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk