[tex-hyphen] License of hyphenation patterns

Arthur Reutenauer arthur.reutenauer at normalesup.org
Fri Dec 11 15:47:49 CET 2015

> I'm not a licence expert, but I would say "very bad".

  It's an unusual licence for projects outside the TeX world; that alone
is an incitement for legally-inclined people to ask to change it.

> Both Mozilla and OpenOffice (years ago) asked for relicencing all LPPL patterns.

  Do we have a list of the affected patterns?  All the patterns I see as
LPPL on http://www.tug.org/tex-hyphen/#languages are included in Mozilla
according to https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/CSS/hyphens
(I'll check the exact files they have later).  The only one using the
MPL as part of a double-, nay, triple-licence scheme under is Hungarian
(ah, Hungarian!)

  We could probably run through the language list to make sure it's
up-to-date, too.

	Arthur