[tex-hyphen] German hyphenation of "Methode"

Élie Roux elie.roux at telecom-bretagne.eu
Tue Apr 7 16:50:31 CEST 2015

> In Spanish, I don’t want to hyphenate either four--letter words like
> "co-mo". But I want to be able to hyphenate "co-mi-da". And I must have
> both or none.

Sorry to come back to this after a quite random time, but if I
understand correctly, your problem can be solved by:

 * listing all 4-letter words that would be hyphenated as exceptions
 * having a \totalhyphenmin primitive that would set the minimal total
characters of an hyphenated word

Is the first solution reasonable? If not, I think it might be worth
asking for \totalhyphenmin in engines under development (LuaTeX, XeTeX),
what do you think? LibreOffice has an option for it, and it seems
reasonable, so I can't see why it would be refused. If you think it
might help, I can report the request.

Thank you,
--
Elie