[tex-hyphen] Next action Improved Hyphenation Support: bug reports

Pander pander at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Feb 9 16:53:05 CET 2012

Hi all,

I have recieved a lot of positive reactions and extra information
concerning the draft Grant Proposal for Improved Hyphenation Support in
FOSS. The read-only version can be found here:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/160jBGYzvffOr5LfwhpgBqkEtEjjeKAKpH873I6r3Ke4/edit?authkey=CNj33_4D

This document is capturing all information needed to bring hyphenation
offered via patgen and libhyphen to the next level. For discussion on
this matter, please join this mailing list:

At the moment we need to convert the desire for supporting compounds and
collected information in a clear bug report. This needs to include
examples of several languages which fail at the moment and should work
when the bug is fixed. Probably also some other bug reports need to be
written, such as multiple hyphenation options, in order to formalise the
description of this problem.

We need two to three people with experience in patgen and/or libhyphen
to carry out this task. Please send me an email and I will give you edit
rights in order to alter the aforementioned document.

Regards,

Pander