[tex-hyphen] tl2011-pretest: loadhyph-sr-cyrl.tex still not activated by default?

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 17:51:39 CEST 2011

2011/6/1 Nikola Lečić wrote:
> On Wed, 1 Jun 2011 16:05:02 +0200
> Mojca Miklavec wrote:
>
>> I agree that it makes sense to load both. So we should load both
>> patterns for both "serbian" and "serbianc" for XeTeX? What about
>> LuaTeX? Should we just create a single file called "sr" without any
>> script and adapt scripts (tlpsrc) accordingly?
>
> I can't tell you anything LuaTeX-related, but this is that I mean: this
> document is currently not hyphenated at all

Do you want to say that not even Cyrillic script is hyphenated? If
that is so, it is a bug. If you are complaining about Latin script
inserts ... we'll change that then. But in pdfTeX one will still have
to change the language. There is no workaround.

>> But another request for you: can you make sure that there will be an
>> easy way to typeset Serbian in Cyrillic script in pdfTeX and prepare a
>> short document describing how to typeset Serbian:
>
> There's no need to change anything related to pdfTeX.

There is. There is currently no support for Cyrillic typsetting in (pdf)LaTeX..

>> This means that someone needs to either translate serbian.ldf or take
>> an existing one and make sure that it finds a way into TeX Live.
>>
>> For example I have found this:
>>    http://sourceforge.net/projects/serbianc/
>
> Let's see that the author thinks.

He's willing to work on that which is great news.