[tex-hyphen] ptex-specific patterns

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Sat May 29 08:59:49 CEST 2010

Karl,

thanks a lot for the explanation.

> P.S. Looking ahead: technically, the biggest thing is that ptex cannot
> read the 8-bit files since the 8-bit chars don't work as such in the
> Japanese encodings.  They have to be convered to use ^^.  That is
> essentially what the *-ptex.tex patterns are about.

Is it because of "translate file" (remapping 8-bit characters to other
positions) or something else?

We could auto-generate the patterns in proper form out of repository
if needed (then the patterns would also be equal to the "main ones"
and "maintained" - in case that authors send updates or fixes etc.),
but maybe I would need to give a try to ptex first. Once I understand
how it works (or rather doesn't work) ... I'm sure we'll find some
solution :)

Is there any simple test file & building instructions?