[tex-hyphen] German patterns in TL2010

Stephan Hennig mailing_list at arcor.de
Wed May 26 11:03:57 CEST 2010

Am 25.05.2010 15:27, schrieb Arthur Reutenauer:
>> I'd prefer 'swissgerman' for the language name.
>
>    We'll need at least one English(-sounding) name for the language name,
> but I don't see why we couldn't use aliases in language.dat like for
> other languages (French has "francais", Spanish has "espanol",
> Portuguese has "portugues", etc. -- and those one aren't even correctly
> spelled since we had to strip the accents).

Though, I have already written documentation about how to install and
alias new languages in language.dat (dehyph-exptl), I wasn't aware
(anymore) that aliasing can take place at the level of language.dat
already.  I don't mind having an alias 'germanswiss' or even the other
way around, of course.

Best regards,
Stephan Hennig