[tex-hyphen] weighting hyphenation points (was: hyphenation (what else ; -))

Arthur Reutenauer arthur.reutenauer at normalesup.org
Wed May 19 00:16:56 CEST 2010

> Thanks for the really nice outline. I didn't mean it too seriously,
> but now I'll have a "problem" that I'll have to find a list of
> preferred hyphenation points somewhere, while I don't even understand
> our exact rules :)

  I think the Germans have such rules, that's why they want a framework
to implement them :-)  Even my Wahrig shows hyphenation points for each
of its entries, so I guess you could find a specialized dictionary that
indicates weights for each of the possible breaking places (in any case,
I understood from the discussion initiated by David I hinted at earlier
that such dictionaries actually exist)

> (which might already be the case - I have a feeling that Hungarian
> might have an improved set of patterns that could be used in luatex
> and only in luatex).

  Very much so.  But let's worry about that later... ;-)

	Arthur