[tex-hyphen] tex patterns as lua files

Élie Roux elie.roux at telecom-bretagne.eu
Tue Apr 27 11:36:51 CEST 2010

2010/4/27 Mojca Miklavec <mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com>:

> There is now branches/luatex branch. Feel free to modify it as heavily
> as you wish.

Thank you! I'm going to Italy for one week tomorrow so if you don't
ear from me next week it's normal, but I should be available
afterwards.

> Once again: I would like to discuss the proper inclusion of dtx file
> once (since I don't understand yet how exactly that works), but that's
> a low-priority. Just make sure to get all the files that are really
> needed by the distribution included properly.

Actually the .dtx would be only on CTAN, the .tds.zip can include the
other files.

> You may put the dtx file under hyph-utf8/source/generic/hyph-utf8
> (feel free to decide whether you want a subdir or not) and the rest
> under hyph-utf8/tex/[generic or luatex - no
> idea]/hyph-utf8/[something]

I'll do that!

>> It would probably also make sense to rename the files, to reflect at
>> least remotely that they are about hyphenation. Something like
>> - hyph-fr.chr.txt
>> - hyph-fr.hyp.txt
>> - hyph-fr.pat.txt
>> - hyph-fr.lic.txt
>
> And the same question is still applicable: should I rename the files
> to hyph-xx.xxx.txt?

It would make sense for me too, It would be more clear.

>> What do you think?
>
> It can either be auto-genereted and kept inside hyph-utf8 tree or
> auto-generated by tlmgr and kept somewhere else, but maybe the first
> option is better since you don't depend on tlmgr that much and it
> doesn't bring any speedup or any other advantage if auto-generated by
> tlmgr. Just more external dependencies and the need to fix tlmgr in
> case that you will need any changes in file format. So I suggest that
> we move language.dat.lua somewhere inside hyph-utf8's TDS tree as
> well.

It also makes sense for me, the file can be in its complete form even
if languages.dat is not, so the first solution seems better.

What about the english and usenglishmax things? Are you ok for the
change I proposed? If ConTeXt needs something else, it can make a
little trick by hand, or it can also be done on LaTeX's side, I can
modify the table accordingly. What would be the best?

Thank you,
--
Elie