[tex-hyphen] tex patterns as lua files

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Mon Apr 26 16:20:14 CEST 2010

On Mo, 26 Apr 2010, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
> The languages.dat.lua will have to go somewhere to hyph-utf8 tree as
> well. The exact detail about integration need to be discussed with
> Karl & others since I'm not sure about all the details of a
> distribution.
>
> > Is the change still planned for TL2010? Are there some ideas on when
> > the package freeze will occur?
>
> That's a question for Karl (I do not follow the TeX Live mailing lists
> any more since that was too time consuming). But we need to have the
> package ready before the package freeze in order to test sufficiently.

I think there is still time for everything, but up to now I have
NO idea what you are talking about, what are the plans etc etc.
I remember faintly some ideas Mojca has proposed some time ago, but
the last I heard was "I have to think about how to organize it ..."
and gone she was.

So I am open to help you and whatever is needed, but if we start only
NOW with the conceptual work on how to integrate it we should *better*
hurry or it will not happen in time.

Best wishes

Norbert
JAIST, Japan            TU Wien, Austria           Debian TeX Task Force
CONG (n.)
Strange-shaped metal utensil found at the back of the saucepan
cupboard. Many authorities believe that congs provide conclusive proof
of the existence of a now extinct form of yellow vegetable which the
Victorians used to boil mercilessly.
			--- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff