[tex-hyphen] problems with sanskrit patterns and xetex?

Jonathan Kew jfkthame at googlemail.com
Tue Jun 9 12:28:40 CEST 2009

On 9 Jun 2009, at 11:18, Norbert Preining wrote:

> Hi Mojca, hi all,
>
> Angelo found the following problem when including all patterns:
>
> ----- Forwarded message from Angelo Graziosi
> <angelo.graziosi at alice.it> -----
>> (/usr/local/texlive/2009/texmf-dist/tex/generic/hyph-utf8/loadhyph/
>> loadhyph-sa.
>> tex UTF-8 Sanskrit Hyphenation Patterns (v0.2, 2008/1/3)
>> (/usr/local/texlive/2009/texmf-dist/tex/generic/hyph-utf8/patterns/
>> hyph-sa.tex
>> ! Nonletter.                           <====
>> l.486 2à³±                             <====
> ----- End forwarded message -----
>
> Can you make anything from that?

I reported this yesterday to Yves Codet, and he sent me the attached
version of loadhyph-sa.tex, which should solve the problem. Mojca, can
you take care of installing this in the proper place? (I notice that
it claims to be an autogenerated file, so possibly the script that
(re)generates it needs to be updated so that the fix doesn't get lost
in the future.)

Jonathan