[tex-hyphen] UTF-ization of hyphenation patterns

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Thu May 15 21:35:40 CEST 2008

Mojca Miklavec wrote:

> - create new wrappers that operate in the opposite direction as
> Jonathan's xu-XXhyph.tex; once done, drop those xu-XXhyph.tex files

anf forget about generic wrapper ... my experience is that all macro
packages do things slightly different; so you need wrappers for plain
and for latex; context has its own code

> - a converter between UTF-8 and ec/texnansi/qx/t5/...

afaik most patterns assume ec before adding numerous files, first figure
out what is needed (probaby only latex since plain is 7 bit)