[tex-hyphen] right/left hyphenmin

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Mon Jun 16 10:27:48 CEST 2008

On Mon, Jun 16, 2008 at 10:06 AM, Hans Hagen wrote:
> Mojca Miklavec wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> Hans has suggested to put information about left/right hyphen min to
>> some "standard" header in hyph-foo.tex. However, I have no idea where
>> to find that data for all the languages.
>
> there should be a file which summarizes the constraints under which the
> patterns are made plus maybe some more info;

But the first step would be: where to find that info?
I will try to extract from Vladimir's pointers first.

There is http://www.tug.org/svn/texhyphen/trunk/hyph-utf8/source/generic/hyph-utf8/languages.rb,
but I don't use the hyphenmin data anywhere yet. Once I fill the
table, it should be easy to auto-generate anything.

language.def has something like that:
%%% Next section is      E X A M P L E   O N L Y
%%% \addlanguage {German}{ghyph31}{}{2}{2}
%%% Previous section is  E X A M P L E   O N L Y

> currently the comments are
> rather inconsistent

I know. I have been postponing that part because I was sure that I
would change my mind about what should go to comments at the top of
those files. "functionality first, documentation last" - that's how
ConTeXt works ;)