[tex-eplain] TeX--XeT

terry.s at Safe-mail.net terry.s at Safe-mail.net
Thu Oct 12 21:20:14 CEST 2023

Re: 3D font glyphs manipulated in 3D directions.

> Just to show how easy this is, I've attached a compressed archive file ("tarball") containing some files from a project I was working on about a year ago ...

IMPRESSIVE!!! Here's an interesting use ... printing extra-special 3D "drop caps"!

> There might be a problem with parity (i.e., left- and right-handedness), but one would just have to figure out which way to typeset, left-to-right or right-to-left.

Are you refering to LTR/RTL *directionality*? When languages are typeset RTL, the characters aren't flipped, the text just *runs* RTL ...
... Like "sugafulaffunS" instead of "Snuffalufagus". ("Suga fulla funs" ... Snuffalufagus is about to get diabetes!)