[tex-eplain] Bad effect when using \doublecolumns

Rodolfo Medina rodolfo.medina at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 20:18:35 CEST 2016

"Daniel H. Luecking" <luecking at uark.edu> writes:

> Rodolfo:
>
> I don't see any problem like that. I /do/ see a lot of warnings in the
> log about exended ascii characters that don't exist in cmr.
> If you used some method of including those, your page breaks
> might be different than mine.  That might explain why I don't
> see what you see. (My eplain is version 3.8 dated May 12, 2016.)
>
> That said, there have been many complaints over the years about
> eplain's two-column macros. It's possible you hit on one of those
> bugs.
>
> Dan

Thanks.  I was using a slight different copy of eplain, actually xeplain, that
I had built directly from source.  Now I've used the same version you're using:
3.8 of 12 May 2016.  Please if you can try again with your version of eplain
and the test file I'm attaching below.  Please don't matter about latin code,
it shouldn't have to do with the problem.  The problem should occur on p.3 of
the dvi output after processing the file with simply `tex test'.

Thanks,

Regards

Rodolfo