[tex-eplain] Prevent page break

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Wed Jun 1 00:01:17 CEST 2016

Hi Rodolfo,

Well, you can fool TeX into thinking the eps is whatever size you need
it to be, without changing the actual appearance, with something like
  \vbox to 1in{\includegraphics{foo.eps}\vss}
Not sure if that helps.

If you're asking about a general way to avoid a page break, there is no
magic solution.  The only way is to put \nobreak before each valid
breakpoint.  Not an easy task.  And as soon more than enough vertical
material has accumulated, TeX *will* break the page.

A useful example doesn't have to be minimal.  I just have to be able to
run it :).  Right now I'm not entirely sure what you're asking ... -k