[tex-eplain] optional arguments

Adam Fenn acwfenn at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 26 17:56:54 CET 2009

> In your original post you had the page number missing on one of
> the entries. This is what I thought you were complaining about.
> I didn't even notice the change in order. If I had, I would not
> have known you considered it to be wrong.

It is wrong (I think) because of this part of the macro

\edef\temp{\the\arch at name, {\noexpand\it architect, \the\arch at loc}}%
\expandafter\sidx\expandafter{\temp}%

which makeindex orders entries under {\it architect. If you remove the command to
put the word architects in italics the index is typeset correctly. The \noexpand
cannot remove the first brace. Normally I would use something along the lines of

\sidx{architect@{\it architect}}

but I do not know how to insert this into the \architect macro so that it will work.

Thanks for your help.
Adam.