[tex-eplain] Incorporating url.sty

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sun Aug 28 23:58:28 CEST 2005

    I use to load the package matches the name used in messages,
    even if that name is weird.

Let it be autopict, then.  Sounds fine to me.

    I've just installed it and tried, and it failed :(

Too bad.  Thanks for trying.

    All \usepackage instances now are forced inside a
    \beginpackages...\endpackages.

You mean the user's document explicitly needs to say
\beginpackages
  \usepackage...
  \usepackage...
\endpackages

?  (That is fine, just wondering.  Or are the \{begin,end}packages
inserted implicitly?)

    So maybe we should allow multiple instances of
    \beginpackages...\endpackages,

If it is not hard to do that, it sounds more flexible.  If it is hard,
then just being able to load packages at all, even if they all have to
be together, is a lot better than nothing :).

Thanks,