[tex-eplain] Incorporating url.sty

geolsoft at mail.ru geolsoft at mail.ru
Tue Aug 23 19:20:02 CEST 2005

On Tue, Aug 23, 2005 at 11:17:59AM -0500, Daniel H. Luecking wrote:
> The following simple scheme should handle many cases:

It would work, but:

> 1) Before inputting the package file, create the list of options.

This means we would not be able to incorporate url.sty in
eplain.tex.  Instead, we would provide a command to load the
package, which will take the list of options and pass it
(through, e.g., \list at of@options) to \ProcessOptions and
\ExecuteOptions inside url.sty.  So we might as well define
our own \usepackage to handle any package.

So the only drawback is that if we want to handle options,
we would not be able to incorporate that package in
eplain.tex and would have to load whatever is available on
the system.  This is actually what we want for color/xcolor,
but would this be fine for url.sty?

> What I'm not sure of is whether miniltx+xcolor is enough or
> whether a lot more work might be required.

I will check to see if miniltx+xcolor works.  As a matter of
fact, I've already started checking :).

Thanks a lot for the information.

--
Best regards,