[tex-eplain] Colors with hyperlinks

geolsoft at mail.ru geolsoft at mail.ru
Sun Aug 7 13:51:44 CEST 2005

Dear list members,

Instead of writing color support for eplain from scratch, I
suggest using color package from graphics.  It seems to work
fine with eplain's hyperlinks, see the attached
`testcolor.tex'.  Please disregard redefinition of
\set at page@color, this is to correct a bug which occurs with
pdftex.def v0.03m when using \pagecolor in plain TeX under
pdftex.  I hope this will be corrected in the next release
of pdftex.def, see

  http://tug.org/pipermail/pdftex/2005-August/005914.html

To coexist with color package, eplain could check whether
\color is defined, and if it is not, it would define \color
(and any other macros from color package that hyperlinks
use) to do nothing, so that when color package is not
loaded, no colors and no error messages about undefined
macros are produced.

The only catch here is that text of each hyperlink will now
have to be placed inside a group.  \hlstart will have to
open a group before saying \color, and \hlend will close
that group, so that the color change does not extend past
the hyperlink.  But I don't think this will be a problem.

--
Best regards,
Oleg Katsitadze