[tex-eplain] dvipdf and images

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Fri Sep 17 18:57:26 CEST 2004

On Friday 17 September 2004 00:29, Jelena i Zoran wrote:
> Hello,
> I created a Power Point-like presentation in TeX with the intention of
> converting it to pdf and using it in a lecture.
> I used \special{papersize=11in, 8.5in} to obtain landscape mode.
> I am having problems keeping pages with images in landscape mode when I
> convert them to pdf format.
> If I have some text on a page together with an image the dvipdf
> converter keeps
> the page in landscape mode. However, if I include only an image on a
> page without any text then
> that page is in portrait (vertical) mode. The problem seems to be only
> with pdf. In dvi, all
> the pages are in landscape mode. Does anyone know why this happens and
> how to prevent it?
> An obvious workaround is to include any text (even just a dot)
> and cover it with a desired image. But I would like not to resort to
> workarounds and to use dvipdf options,
> if possible,  in order to get all the pages in landscape mode.
> I included simple example files if anyone wishes to look at this issue.
> Thanks in advance to anyone who withes to comment on this question.
> Zoran
> **
Have you tried changing a few things up front and then running pdftex
instead? I use eplain.tex with pdftex pretty regularly. I suspect that it
is the dvi to whatever step that is messing you up. Eliminate the step and
you eliminate the problem.

I'll look at your samples later. Right now I'm running behind :-)
--
John Culleton

Short list of publishing/marketing books: