[tex-announce] October 2013 TUG news: conferences, TUGboat, book discount

TeX Users Group tug-news at tug.org
Thu Oct 24 02:04:23 CEST 2013

Dear TeX users,

It's well into fall here in NJ, and the nights are getting cold! What
better way to warm up than to write a newsletter in the warm glow
of a laptop?

TUG 2013 is now underway at the University of Tokyo. I opened the
conference via Skype, and my Japanese pronunciation seemed to at least
be acceptable. I regret not being able to attend, but the next TUGboat
issue (vol.34, no.3), will carry the full range of papers from the
conference, so I will at least be able to read what I missed.
Meanwhile, TUGboat 34:2 was mailed in August; and TUGboat 33:2,
the 2012 proceedings, is now publicly available in its entirety
(http://tug.org/TUGboat).

We are still discussing possible venues for the 2014 conference,
so stay tuned here for announcements when we know more.

Other news:

* Nicola L C Talbot has created a discount code for TUG members
  that will give them a 25% discount off LaTeX books available from
  http://www.dickimaw-books.com/shop. The order code is available
  in the TUG members area on the TUG website.  All the available
  discounts are listed on http://tug.org/books, along with lots of other
  book-related information.

More next month, including a wrap-up of the conference in Tokyo,
and more on the 2014 site. Until then,

Happy TeXing!

Steve Peter
TUG President