[tex-announce] TUG newsletter

Steve Peter speter at mac.com
Wed Dec 7 00:33:22 CET 2011

Dear TeX users,

Greetings from the new TUG president. I'm excited as I embark on this new venture, and I'm pleased I have a great group of officers, a board with some new blood, and an outstanding executive director to help me.

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank Karl Berry for his wonderful tenure as president. He will be a tough act to follow. I'd also like to thank Kaja Christiansen for her service as vice president and Dave Walden for his service as treasurer.

Allow me to introduce the new officers. Jim Hefferon, long-time board member and past CTAN maintainer, has agreed to serve as vice president. Karl Berry, immediate past-president, will be the new treasurer. Sue DeMeritt is continuing as secretary.

More news:

- TUG 2012 will be held in Boston, Massachusetts, USA, from July 16
   through July 18 at the Omni Parker House. The discount code for our
   group's hotel reservations is now available; see the web site for that
   and other info.
   http://tug.org/tug2012/

- Other upcoming TeX conferences in 2012:
   April 29-May 3 - BachoTeX 2012 (Bachotek, Poland)
   http://www.gust.org.pl/bachotex/2012

   August 23-26 - TeXperience 2012 (Beskydy, Czech Republic)
   http://katedry.osu.cz/kma/TeXperience2012/

   October 8-12 - EuroTeX 2012 and the Sixth ConTeXt User Meeting
   (Breskens, The Netherlands)
   http://meeting.contextgarden.net/2012/

- The third and final journal for 2011 (TUG2011 proceedings) has gone
   to the printer and should ship to members in the next couple of weeks.
   Meanwhile, the third issue for 2010, TUGboat 31:3, is now publicly
   available online.
   http://tug.org/TUGboat/

- Oleg Katsitadze has put together TUG's TeX-themed calendar for 2012.
   https://www.tug.org/members

- TUG members receive a 25% discount on Jean-luc Doumont's book Trees,
   maps, and theorems. The exclusive members-only discount code is available
   at https://www.tug.org/members.
   http://www.treesmapsandtheorems.com/X0200.php
   Other discounts are listed at http://tug.org/books/#discounts.

Steve Peter (President) on behalf of the TUG Board
http://www.tug.org/