TUG news, November 2002

TeX Users Group office office at tug.org
Thu Nov 21 23:02:12 CET 2002

News from the TUG Office:

CD ROM's:
You *should* have received the TeX Live 7 CD/set by now!  It was mailed in
late June. The 2002 release CTAN CD's (4-CD/set) have arrived from Germany.
We anticipate that they will be mailed to members by November 27. Please
let us know if you haven't received your copy by the end of December.

TUGboat:
TUGboat 22.1-2 (Mar/Jun-2001, double issue) was mailed to members
27-Sep-2002. Again, if you haven't received a copy, do let us know,
including your mailing/email address, please. It always helps to verify the
information we have in our database, track down our blunders -- of course
we'll send you a copy of the journal right away too!

We are working on the next issue of TUGboat with a possibility of mailing
by the end of the year. Also, the 2002 Proceedings Issue (Volume 23) is in
preparation. It may well be ready to print soon after the new year.

Member Renewals:
2003 forms are being revised and will be posted on the TUG website by mid
to late December. As in previous years, we will send you an email reminder
in December (when the forms are posted!) followed by a snail-mail letter
for those who prefer renewing by mail or fax (and for those who don't have
email). TeX Live 8 is in the works for a late-spring mailing to 2003
members and the 2003 CTAN CD's will once again be mailed in the fall.
Finally, in an effort to get TUGboat back on schedule and recognizing a
scarcity of material, the TUG board of directors recently voted to reduce
the number of issues from four to three per year commencing in 2003. If you
would like to contribute an *idea* or an *article* to TUGboat, please write
to: tugboat at tug.org.

TeX Users Group 2003 Election:
Please consider participating in the election by nominating someone or
running yourself. Several directors' seats and the president's position
will be available in 2003.  The deadline for receipt at the TUG office of
nomination forms and ballot information is 1-Feb-2003.  For more details
about the election, please see: http://www.tug.org/election/

TeX Development Fund:
TUG has budgeted $5000 in 2003 for the TeX development fund, to support
any TeX-related technical projects.
To learn more about the fund, including how to apply, go to:
http://tug.org/tc/devfund/

2003 EuroTeX Conference:
The Fourteenth European TeX Conference (EuroTeX'2003) Back to Typography is
scheduled for June 24-27th, 2003 in Brest, Brittany, France.  Conference
proceedings will be published in TUGboat.  Deadline for abstract
submissions: January 7, 2003.  Do join us!
Please help to announce EuroTeX2003 by posting copies of the following
flyer (PDF) at your office and around your institution:
http://www.pragma-ade.com/temp/eurotex2003-a4.pdf.
For details about the conference: http://omega.enstb.org/eurotex2003/

2003 Conference in Hawaii:
The TeX Users Group 24th Annual Meeting and Conference is scheduled for
July 20-24, 2003 in Waikoloa, Hawaii.  Abstracts for talks and workshops
are still being accepted (deadline extended to 30-Nov-2002).  See:
http://www.tug.org/tug2003/callfor.html.
Please help to announce TUG2003 by posting copies of the following flyer
(PDF) at your office and around your institution:
http://www.tug.org/tug2003/flyer/.
Contributions are welcome!  To find out how you can help:
http://www.tug.org/tug2003/help.html.
For details about the conference: http://www.tug.org/tug2003/

Thank-you very much for taking the time to catch-up with TUG!

Sincerely,

Robin Laakso
TUG Office Manager
TeX Users Group