TeX Users Group renewal for 2002

Mimi Jett, TUG President bogus at does.not.exist.com
Sat Dec 29 17:56:10 CET 2001

December 26, 2001

Dear TUG Member,

Happy Holidays to you and yours! Thank you very much for your support over
the years.  Once again, it is time to renew your membership with the TeX
Users Group.

Your membership allows TUG to support important initiatives like TeX Live,
LaTeX-3 and NTS, in collaboration with user groups around the world.  As
the evolution of standards and markup languages progresses, it is more
important than ever to understand the fundamentals and tools of TeX and how
they interact with XML and MathML.  If you are interested in contacting
User Groups worldwide, a list, including contact information, is posted on
the TUG website at:
http://www.tug.org/lugs.html.

Your continued interest in TUG also supports the myriad of tasks necessary
to keep you informed and updated. Take a look at TUG's public mailing lists
located at http://www.tug.org/mailman/listinfo.  Here you will find
up-to-the-minute discussions on the latest developments, as well as TUG
Committees, Conference Correspondence and TUG Announcements - just to
name a few.

By renewing your membership you will receive our journal TUGboat and
discounts on our annual conferences and workshops.  Membership also
entitles you to other useful items including the TeX Live CD and the CTAN
archive set.  TeX Live 7 is currently scheduled for an early summer
release.  The CTAN CD's are mailed to members in the fall.  For updates on
TUGboat mailings please check the following
link:  http://www.tug.org/TUGboat/announce.html.

As you probably know, TUGboat Volume 22 is a year behind schedule.  After a
great deal of thought and discussion, the TUG board of directors has
decided to attempt an aggressive schedule (including double issues) in an
effort to bring TUGboat back on schedule by fall, 2002.  How can you
help?  Send us material!!!  Let us know what you are working on pertaining
to TeX, LaTeX, pdfTeX, and/or related software and packages.  The
tug-editorial board (tug-editorial-board at tug.org) welcomes your input, or,
better yet, completed article!

The TUG website contains several methods to renew your membership. You can
renew online using our secure server: http://www.tug.org/join.html, or,
visit the TUG home page: www.tug.org and click on "join tug". Here you will
find renewal forms available to print out and either mail or fax with
payment. Please notice the various categories of membership and their
associated fees. The Senior Discount is for Members who are age 65 or
older. Needless to say, the higher level of support you can offer, the
greater support you provide for TUG. We have a small operating budget but
strive to improve our benefits and responsiveness through an effective
staff and the selfless donation of time from so many volunteers. Please
visit our Benefits of Membership page: http://www.tug.org/aims_ben.html for
more details.

Finally, be sure to mark your calendar for TUG 2002.  The 23rd Annual
Meeting and Conference is going to be held in Trivandrum, India, September
3-7, 2002.  In addition to the usual programs, TUG India expects to have a
major session on languages.  As a new concept, they also plan to have a
continuous workshop, running in parallel with the main conferences
sessions. Experienced staff will be available for hands-on training and
problem solving. This means that participants who do not have a strong
interest in a particular session can learn TEX, XML, and even graphics
generation using common graphics programs. Bookmark the website
http://www.tugindia.org.in/tug2002/ and watch for updates.

Again, thank you for your support.  I sincerely hope you will join us again
in 2002!

All the best,

Mimi Jett
President