TeX Users Group renewal for 2001

Mimi Jett, TUG President president at tug.org
Sat Jan 27 20:37:17 CET 2001

January 24, 2001

Dear TUG Member,

Happy New Millennium to you and yours! Thank you for your support over
the years, and into the new century. Once again,it is time to renew
your  membership with the TeX Users Group. In addition to enjoying our
thought-provoking journal TUGboat, and discounts on our annual conferences
and workshops, membership entitles you to other useful items including
the ever-popular TeX Live CD and the CTAN archive set. Special discounts
on other software, books, and even plush  TUG Lions are available through
our office. Your membership allows TUG to support important initiatives
like TeX Live, LaTeX-3 and NTS, in collaboration with user groups around
the world. As the evolution of standards and markup languages progresses,
it is more important than ever to understand the fundamentals and tools
of TeX, how they interact with XML and MathML.

The TUG website contains several methods to renew your membership.  You can
renew online using our secure server : http://www.tug.org/join.html, or,
visit the TUG homepage:  www.tug.org and click on "join tug".  Here you will
find renewal applications available to print out then either mail or fax
with payment. Please notice the various categories of membership and their
associated fees.  The Senior Discount is for Members who are age 65 or
older. Needless to say, the higher level of support you can offer, the
greater support you provide for TUG. We have a small operating budget but
continue to improve our benefits and responsiveness through an effective
staff and the selfless donation of time from so many volunteers. Please
visit our Benefits of Membership page: http://www.tug.org/aims_ben.html
or go directly to our Online Registration Forms linked above.

This is an election year. The election to choose the President and 3 new
Board members will be held in Spring of 2001. Nominations for these
openings are now being invited.  A nomination form can be found on
our website at http://www.tug.org/2001elect.html

Mark your calendar for 2001: A TeX Live Odyssey, the 22nd annual meeting to be
held at the University of Delaware in Newark, Delaware, USA, August 12-16,
2001. The conference will focus on the programs and packages available on
the TeX Live CD.
Bookmark the website http://www.tug.org/tug2001/ and watch for updates.

Again,thank you for your support, I hope you will join us again in 2001!

All the best,

Mimi Jett
President
TeX Users Group

PS: TUGboat 21.2 with the CTAN CDs is in the mail now. You should receive
it within the next few weeks!  21.3 & 21.4 will follow shortly.