[tug-summer-of-code] GSOC Community bonding

Jonathan Fine jfine at pytex.org
Wed Apr 23 07:45:23 CEST 2008

Hello

In case you didn't already know, TUG has three slots
     http://code.google.com/soc/2008/tex/about.html

So congratulations to Arthur, Christoph and Mojca, and best wishes to
the others who applied but who we could not accept.

According to http://www.tug.org/gsoc/ideas.html
==
All organizational SoC-related discussions for TUG happen on the
summer-of-code at tug.org, mailing list; feel free to subscribe.
==

According to
http://code.google.com/opensource/gsoc/2008/faqs.html#0.1_timeline
we are now in the Community Bonding Period, and on May 26th coding takes
place.

According to the very long URL
http://googlesummerofcode.blogspot.com/2007/04/so-what-is-this-community-bonding-all.html
community bonding is about getting to know each other.

Now that the application process is over, I suggest that we use this
list for community bonding.  I'd like us to do some of this in public.
It will help next year's applicants, and there are other GSOC projects
this year we'd like to talk with, as discussed in:
http://mathtran.wordpress.com/2008/04/22/mathtran-gets-google-soc-support/

(Everything we do this year is also preparation for GSOC next year.)

Karl:  You're the list owner.  How do you feel about this new use of
this list?

--
Jonathan