[pstricks] psRandom, dotsyle, and psBall

Field, Malcolm Field.Malcolm at epa.gov
Wed Nov 30 19:04:24 CET 2016

Hello,

I am preparing a figure in which I use \psRandom to add a selected number of dots to a rectangle.  However, I would like to use the same routine(s) with \psBall instead of dots because I want a 3D effect.  Is there a way to do this?  The basic code I am using is:

\psRandom[dotsize=4.5ex,dotstyle=Circle,linecolor=black,fillcolor=green!80!blue!30,randomPoints=2000,fillstyle=solid](16,17){
\psframe[linecolor=black](8.5,2.5)(13,10.5)}

but I would like to replace "dotstyle=Circle" with "dotstyle=\psBall" although I know that if it is possible to use \psBall, it isn't as simple as listed here.

Thank you.

Cheers,

Malcolm Field