[pstricks] Using pstricks with Lua - is it possible?

Hensh, Richard hensh at math.msu.edu
Fri Mar 23 23:32:19 CET 2012

The minimal(?) example below should do the trick PROVIDED that you modify the file auto-pst-pdf.sty file to replace the ``latex'' commands with lualatex (at least under MiKTeX 2.9 on a Windows box). I've emailed the package author about this but I have not heard back. And I don't know enough about extending packages to write something myself.

%%%%%%%%
%% autoPdf.tex
%%%%%%%%
\documentclass{article}
\usepackage[latex={--output-format=dvi}]{auto-pst-pdf}
\usepackage{pst-all}%
%\usepackage{pst-func}
\usepackage{xparse}
\usepackage{luacode}
%\usepackage{fontspec}
\newgray{LightGray}{0.65}%
\newpsobject{myaxes}{psaxes}{%
    linewidth=1pt%
    ,linecolor=gray%
%    ,arrowinset=0.6%
%    ,arrowsize=1.5pt 3%
    ,arrowscale=1.5%
    ,labels=none%
    ,ticks=none%
    ,axesstyle=axes}

\begin{document}

\def\xmin{-3}\def\xmax{3}
\def\ymin{-1}\def\ymax{10}
\psset{unit=6mm,yunit=4mm}
\begin{pspicture}(\xmin,\ymin)(\xmax,\ymax)
%\showgrid
  \myaxes{<->}(0,0)(\xmin,\ymin)(\xmax,\ymax)
  \SpecialCoor
  \psclip{\psframe[linestyle=none](\xmin,\ymin)(\xmax,\ymax)}
    \psplot{\xmin}{\xmax}{x dup mul}
  \endpsclip
      \psdots(2,4)
  \NormalCoor
\end{pspicture}
A random number:
\begin{luacode}
tex.print(math.random())
\end{luacode}
\bigskip
\luadirect{
  for i=0, 15 do
    tex.print("Math: $x_{" .. i .. "}$")
  end
  }
\bigskip

\begin{luacode}
  tex.print('\\begin{tabular}{|c|c|}\\hline')
  for i=0, 2 do
    tex.print(i .. '&' .. i+10 .. '\\\\')
    tex.print('\\hline')
  end