[pstricks] Two questions regarding pst-solides3d...

Werner Grundlingh wgrundlingh at gmail.com
Fri Jul 8 20:39:38 CEST 2011

The attached (minimal) example highlights some of my questions.

QUESTION 1: Is it possible to change the default shadow colour from black to
something else?

MOTIVATION: Depending on the location of the specified light source and
viewpoint, the shadow could potentially be solid black. This makes it
difficult when trying to cover a 3D object with other parametric curves (for
example) using only monochrome colours (for printing purposes). Specifying
the same viewpoint and light source does eliminate this to some extent, but
is the user manual suggests "choosing the light source and the view point
differently" to "[emphasize] the 3D character."

SUGGESTION 1: Allow for an option like shadowcolor=black!50 in
\psSolid[...].
SUGGESTION 2: In addition to the option above, allow for options like
shadowcolor=black!50 _and_ lightsourcecolor=green!50!red. Okay, just going
for gold here...

QUESTION 2: Is it possible to create a dashed line style for a parametric
curve in 3D?

MOTIVATION: At the moment, the only way I could replicate a dashed line
style for a parametric curve in 3D is to use \multido{...}{.}{...} and
actually plot segments of solid lines. However, I presume this bloats the
resulting EPS/PS and PDF figures dramatically.

SUGGESTION 1: Allow for an option like linestyle=dashed in \psSolid[...]
SUGGESTION 2: In addition to the above, allow for options similar to what
pstricks-add offers, like linestyle=dashed, dash=1mm 2mm 1mm 2mm. Again,
shooting for gold here...

Thanks in advance.

Werner