[pstricks] multido again

Zbigniew Nitecki zbigniew.nitecki at tufts.edu
Thu Dec 4 22:15:24 CET 2008

I am trying to draw a series of arcs joining the same endpoints, with
successively larger radii of curvature.  The following code returns an
error indicating that an exclamation point somewhere is being read as
a missing number (treated as zero).  What am I doing wrong? (It seems
not to matter whether or not I put an exclamation point before the
lone \rt in the first angle specification for the arc).

	\begin{pspicture}(-3,-3)(3,3)
		\psarc[linewidth=1.2pt,arrows=->](0,0){2}{0}{180}
		\multido{\rt=10+10}{4}{%
			\psarc(!0 \rt\space 2 mul cos neg)%
				{!\rt\space cos 2 mul}{\rt}{!180 \rt\space sub}
		}
	\end{pspicture}

Zbigniew Nitecki
Department of Mathematics