[pstricks] How do xAxisLabelPos and yAxisLabelPos work?

Denis Bitouzé dbitouze at wanadoo.fr
Wed Jun 4 10:13:06 CEST 2008

Le mercredi 04/06/08 à 08h55,
Herbert Voss <Herbert.Voss at FU-Berlin.DE> a écrit :

> it is nothing else than an \uput or \rput with absolute
> or relative coordinates.

Thanks Herbert for your answer but I still don't understand how to
rationally proceed in order to get the right positions in the following
example (I obtained them by tests and errors):

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{pstricks-add}
\pagestyle{empty}
\begin{document}
\psset{xAxisLabel=x-Axes,xAxisLabelPos={13cm,4cm},yAxisLabel=y-Axes,yAxisLabelPos={5cm,11cm}}
\begin{psgraph}[Dx=50,dx=1cm,Ox=350,Dy=0.1,dy=1cm,Oy=0.6](350,0.6)(1000,1.8){13cm}{11cm}%
\end{psgraph}
\end{document}

By the way: it is rather common to expect the x-axis (y-axis) label to
be horizontally (vertically) centered and below (at the left of) the
axis. Would it be possible to get this automatically by specifying it
in the axis options of the psgraph environment?

Thanks again.
--
Denis