[pstricks] two questions about pstrick and pst-3dplot

Doris Wagner doris.wagner at mac.com
Mon Apr 21 19:44:06 CEST 2008

hi dingfang zeng,

could you provide minimal examples?

I tried out the following:

\documentclass{article}
  \usepackage{pstricks,pst-3dplot}

  \psset{Alpha=0,Beta=90,unit=0.5cm}
  \begin{pspicture}[](-3,-1.5)(3,1.5)
  \def\phii{1}\def\phiii{2} \pstThreeDLine(\phii,\phii,\phiii)%this
compiles ok with my system
%\pstThreeDLine(\phii 2 add,\phii,\phiii)%this not

%\pstThreeDLine(! 2 2 2 2 add)%nope
\psline(! 2 2 2 add)%compiles
%\psline(! \phii 2 2 add)%no
%\psline(\phii\space 2 2)%no ----> hint from other list-member
\end{pspicture}\end{document}

so it seems to be that in the 3D-case you cannot make computations
like mul, add etc., but you can use your definitions.

in the 2D-case you can make computations, but not mixed up together
with your definitions.

I'm not sure if there is any possibility to make computations (which
are carried out by postscript) together with definitions made in the
LaTeX-code, even in 2D-geometry.

for your other problem I have no time to study it at the moment,
sorry. but for sure herbert will look into it soon.

doris