[pstricks] xcolor problem with dumped format

Michael Sharpe msharpe at ucsd.edu
Tue Apr 15 02:56:51 CEST 2008

I'm puzzled by by the following behavior, and hope someone can shed
some light.

If I use the preamble (the one I'm actually using has much more, but
this displays the problem)

%&latex
\documentclass{article}
\PassOptionsToPackage{dvipsnames}{xcolor}
\usepackage{pstricks}
\pagestyle{empty}
\begin{document}

then I can process

\begin{TeXtoEPS}
\begin{\pspicture}(5,5)
\psline[linecolor=Fuchsia](1,1)(4,4)
\end{pspicture}
\end{TeXtoEPS}

without problem, and with the correct color. However, if I dump a
format from the preamble using Ross Moore's ldump.sty, I get a format
which works just fine for everything except the named color. The .eps
file created does not contain color.pro, unlike the first case. I can
force it to be included by entering \special[header=color.pro] after
\begin{document}, but this seems a bit ad hoc. I tried dumping a
format using Davis Carlisle's mylatex.ltx, but could not make this
work starting from pdftex -ini.

(Using TeXLive 2007 with latest update to pstricks package.)

Michael