[pstricks] includegraphics page of pdf, pst-pdf, auto-pst-pdf

Alan Ristow ristow at ece.gatech.edu
Fri Mar 21 21:02:52 CET 2008

Herbert Voss wrote:
> exelnet at exelnet.de schrieb:
>
>> Well, it didnt change everything afterall. I am still having trouble with
>> images that get included in a file thats itself include by the tex \input
>> command.
>>
>> Im using the following recommand to solve this problem in my case. Since im
>> not using any ps-only fileformats.
>>
>> \let\includegfx\includegraphics
>> \renewcommand\includegraphics[2][]{\ifpdf \includegfx[#1]{#2} \fi}
>
> the \includegraphics is under the control of pst-pdf. You do nit
> need the above commands. Try it only with
>
> \includegraphics{file}

Herbert,

Part of the issue he presented yesterday was that he wanted to use
\includegraphics to include a page from a multi-page PDF, e.g.,

\includegraphics[page=1]{file}

This works fine with pdflatex but fails with regular latex since "file"
is a PDF (though the error message is generated by keyval and complains
about "page" being an undefined key).

Is pst-pdf supposed to work around this situation automatically? AFAICT
it isn't supposed to, so I advised Jan to wrap his \includegraphics
statement in \ifpdf ... \fi.

Alan