[pstricks] Problem with arrayjob package and the array environment

Bruce Burlton bruceburlton at sympatico.ca
Wed Jan 2 23:34:49 CET 2008

I realize that this might not be the forum to which I should submit this problem, but it arises from my attempts to use psgraph.

I am trying to provide a set of "alpha" labels to the x-axis produced by psgraph.  There are a few examples on the PSTRICKS website, which I have tried to manipulate to meet my needs. I actually was successful (see the following code, but with the \array environment code commented out).  This code produced what I was looking for.  Unfortunately, when I then put the simple code into a larger document that contained several  equation and array environments I get an error.  If I set through the error, the arrays that are printed are pretty mangled.  I have searched the web (mostly ctan and pstricks) but cannot find anything useful.  If I was to guess, I would have to say that there is an incompatibility between the arrayjob pack and the basic array environment, but I really don't know.

Alternately, can someone suggest how to produce the "alpha" labels that I am seeking, apart from the obvious method of explicitly defining each label with its own \rput or \uput statement (13 in total in this case).

Basically the following code does not compile and produces the error

! Missing \endcsname inserted.
<to be read again>
                   \protect
l.29 \end
         {equation}

I have modified the code a bit to use a much smaller data file for e-mail purposes
\documentclass{article}

\listfiles

\usepackage{filecontents}
\begin{filecontents*}{datafile1.dat}
0.00000000,54.188
1.00000000,54.164
2.00000000,54.136
3.00000000,54.105
4.00000000,54.071
5.00000000,54.033
6.00000000,53.992
7.00000000,53.947
8.00000000,53.899
9.00000000,53.847
10.00000000,53.792
\end{filecontents*}

%\usepackage{pst-pdf}%
\usepackage{multido}
\usepackage{pstricks-add}%
%\usepackage{arrayjob}%

\begin{document}
This is a test file.

\begin{equation}
  \hat{P}=\left(%
            \begin{array}{c}%
              1 \\%
              0 \\%
              0 \\%
            \end{array}%
          \right) \quad \mbox{and} \quad \hat{Q}=%
          \left(%
            \begin{array}{c}%
              0 \\%
              1 \\%
              0 \\%
            \end{array}%
          \right)%
\end{equation}

%\newarray{\Months}
%\readarray{Months}{ Jan & Feb & Mar & Apr & May & Jun & Jul & Aug & Sep & Oct & Nov & Dec & Jan}

%\begin{postscript}%
  \psset{yAxisLabel=Beta Angle (degrees),xAxisLabel={Time (months)},%
    xAxisLabelPos={5cm,5.5cm},yAxisLabelPos={-1.cm,9cm},llx=-2cm,lly=-2cm,urx=0.5cm,ury=0.5cm}%
  \begin{psgraph}[axesstyle=frame,{xticksize=0 30},{yticksize=0 366},Dx=30,Dy=10,Oy=40,xAxis=false](0,40)(366,70){10cm}{5cm}%
    \readdata{\datafile}{./datafile1.dat}%
    \listplot[linecolor=red]{\datafile}%
%    \multido{\nt=0+30,\i=1+1}{13}{\rput[90](\nt,37){\makebox(0,0)[t]{\Months(\i)}}}%
  \end{psgraph}%
%\end{postscript}

\end{document}

Thanks for any assistance