[pstricks] Errorbars in a logarithmic diagram

Hendrik Hoeth hendrik.hoeth at cern.ch
Wed Oct 17 17:49:14 CEST 2007

Hi Martin,

I have _lots_ (hundreds) of such plots in my thesis and wrote a python
script that reads ASCII data files and auto-creates pstricks code and a
ps/pdf document. Then I included the pdf files in my thesis. For me this
method had the advantage that I could put the raw data in the .dat files
and didn't have to worry about any scaling, coordinate systems etc.
within pstricks. You find the script at
http://www.linta.de/~hoeth/d0/make_plot/make_plot.py
and a few real-life examples in
http://www.linta.de/~hoeth/d0/make_plot/examples/

Most of the available options for the ASCII data files can be found in
http://www.linta.de/~hoeth/d0/make_plot/histplotter.py
(I used this to auto-generate the data files from within my analysis
code.)

Your data points would look like this:
http://www.linta.de/~hoeth/martin.dat
And running "python make_plot.py martin.dat" results in this ps-file:
http://www.linta.de/~hoeth/martin.ps

Have a look at the example files to see how functions can be included in
the plots. Here again: No worrying about scaling and getting the
coordinate systems right. Just specify the function as python code using
the real numbers.

If you have any questions on the usage, feel free to ask.

Good luck,

   Hendrik

--
Those who give up essential liberties for temporary safety
deserve neither liberty nor safety.   -- Benjamin Franklin