[pstricks] Lines (curves) with gradient color...

Werner Grundlingh wgrundlingh at gmail.com
Wed May 9 01:56:16 CEST 2007

Hi all,

I'm interested in producing lines in PStricks by means of \psline,
\pcline or \ncline with a gradient line color, similar to the gradient
fills available through the pst-grad and pst-slpe packages. For
example, using the notation of the pst-slpe package, I would like to
do something like:

\psline[linestyle=slope,slopebegin=white,slopeend=black,linewidth=0.5pt](0,0)(5,0)

Does there exist a package allowing such line styles? Also, is this
possible with something like \pscurve, for example? Even more, if such
a line style exists, is it possible to make it work with options like
the following:

fillstyle=slopes,slopecolors=0 1 1 1  1 0 0 0  2 1 1 1  3

My current (robust and inadequate) solution makes use of pst-slpe in a
psframe in the following manner:

\psframe[yunit=0.5pt,linestyle=none,fillstyle=slope,slopebegin=white,slopeend=black](0,0)(1,1)

This will only hold for straight lines, however. Is there something better?

Thanks for any help,
Werner