[pstricks] PSTricks vs. Beamer

Mike Daven daven at msmc.edu
Thu Apr 5 17:09:50 CEST 2007

pstricks-request at tug.org wrote:
> Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2007 08:12:51 +0200
> From: Rolf Niepraschk <Rolf.Niepraschk at ptb.de>
> Subject: Re: [pstricks] PSTricks vs. Beamer
> To: Graphics with PSTricks <pstricks at tug.org>
>
> Mike Daven wrote:
>
>> Also, I have attached the file 'beamer0-ps4pdf.log', where 'beamer0.tex"
>> is the file available at
>>
>>    http://www.tug.org/PSTricks/main.cgi?file=beamer/beamer
>>
>> In this case, the result is a 3-page pdf with blank white pages.
>
> I compiled 'beamer0.tex' using `ps4pdf' without any problems. I show the
> file versions at the end of this email.
>
> You should try the following calls instead of using the script `ps4pdf':
>
> latex beamer0.tex
> dvips -o beamer0-pics.ps beamer0.dvi
> ps2pdf beamer0-pics.ps
> pdflatex beamer0.tex
>
> Does this work for you?

Yes, this works great... thanks a bunch!

I noticed that one needs to call "pdflatex <FILE>.tex" twice to pull in
navigation elements.  Also I need to reconsider and rework the size of my
pspictures, since things don't appear to lay on a beamer slide/page as
they would on a standard page.  That last problem is part of my beamer
learning experience.

Thanks again...

mike