[pstricks] pdflatex question

Andrzej J. Maciejewski andrzej.j.maciejewski at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 05:56:53 CET 2007

Iosif,
the problem is that to produce a pdf file from latex there are at least two
ways:
the one you described and the other is to run pdflatex (in the office they
know only the last one). But having a pstricks code in latex  file you
cannot run pdflatex on it.
Thus, you can remove pictures from your paper and send them separately as ps
files
or you can make ps files with figures and insert them to your file using
graphics package.
-Andrzej

On 3/15/07, Iosif Pinelis <ipinelis at mtu.edu> wrote:

> Sorry for a wrong subject of my previous message!
>
> Iosif Pinelis wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have received a message from the editorial assistant of a journal,
> > saying
> >

> >> Would you know how I can successfully run PDFLaTeX on your file? The
> >> problem is the pspictures. I need PDFLaTex to generate the JIPAM files.
> >

> > Apparently the problem is with pictures like this:
> >
> > \usepackage{pstricks}
> >
> > %% My definition
> > \newcommand{\mvec}[1]{\mbox{\bfseries\itshape #1}}
> > \renewcommand{\u}{\,%
> > \psset{unit=.7pt}
> > \begin{pspicture}(0,0)(9,10)%(10,20)
> > %\psset{unit=1pt}
> > \psline[linewidth=.3pt,origin={0,1}]{-}(0,0)(2,5)(7,5)(9,10)
> > \end{pspicture}
> >
> > I use either TeXnicCenter to produce pdf files on Windows (without
> > knowing how the black box works) or, on Linux, dvips -o followed by
> > ps2pdf. I don't use pdflatex explicitly. Could you please tell me what
> > the problem may be and how to solve it? Thank you.
> >
> > Iosif Pinelis

Andrzej J. Maciejewski                       Institute of Astronomy
tel. +48 68 328 30 21                        University of Zielona Góra
fax. +48 68 328 73 60                       Podgórna 50, 65-246 Zielona Góra
http://astro.ia.uz.zgora.pl/~maciejka/    POLAND