[pstricks] shadow and psbezier

Herbert Voss LaTeX at zedat.fu-berlin.de
Sun Jan 21 23:59:19 CET 2007

Arnaud BLOUIN schrieb:
> Hi,
> I have just remark that when you add a shadow to a frame, an ellipse,
> ..., the shape is automatically filled ; but when you add a shadow to a
> psbezier it is not the case. Is it possible to homogenize that (I would
> want that all the figures have the same behaviour as the psbezier)?
>
> \begin{pspicture}(0,-1)(7,5)\psgrid
> \psframe[shadow=true](1,1)(3, 3)
> \psellipse[shadow=true](4,1)(1,1.5)
> \psbezier[shadow=true](0.5,0.7)(2.1,1)(6.9,3.5)(6.6,4.5)
> \end{pspicture}

at first, a shadow to a _line_ doesn't really make sense!

The shadow is build  as a copy of the current path, which
is filled and then used as an underlying overlay to the original
closed path whith the difference of psk at shadowsize. This is
the _same behaviour_ for all objects. A line cannot be filled, the
reason why you cannot get what you might expect to see.