[pstricks] Geneaology/pedigree charts.

John R. Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Sat Jul 2 17:43:13 CEST 2005

I can create a chart of sorts using the plain TeX table writing
mechanism. See the following example:

http://wexfordpress.com/ceili2.htm

However users object to the lack of arrows linking children to
parents at various level. A copmlicaitn factor is the length of
the names, requiring one to either overlap entries (as in
ceili2.htm) or break names onto multiple lines in a table (as
in http://wexfordpress.com/ceili1.html )

This makes the customary flowcharting software of little use.

I wondered if anyone has attacked this problem in the pstricks or eplain
communities. A starting point would be to take my existing
chart and add arrows to it.

Any thoughts, anyone?

--
John Culleton
Books with answers to marketing and publishing questions:

Book coaches, consultants and packagers: