[pstricks] Page Orientation and Origin Location

Herbert Voss LaTeX at zedat.fu-berlin.de
Wed Jun 22 08:10:49 CEST 2005

Rich Shepard wrote:

>   When I create a PSTricks file within LyX there must be a default location
> of "the current text line." One of my problems is understanding where
> this is
> set and how I can modify that. In your example above, if I understand
> correctly, you have moved the PSTricks picture box origin left and down 1cm
> from the current text line and point.

yes

>> \begin{pspicture}(1,1)(5,6)
>> this box also has the same size, but the PSTricks origin is outside of
>> the box.
>

>   Let me test my understanding. {pspicture} is a PSTricks environment.
> In the
> first example the defined box begins 1cm up and to the right of the
> baseline
> and current character position. In the example immediately above, the
> PSTricks environment is offset 1cm down and to the left of the box corner.

no, the box is _always_ on the baseline and it holds only the place.
The PSTricks origin can be inside/outside this box, which depends to the
values of the \pspicture environment.

>   This I understand, too. Again, with a new document that will contain
> only a
> PSTricks figure, how do I manipulate the location of that TeX box's lower
> left corner?

in the same way you set an A inside a line. If you have no
additional text in your line, then you can define

\begin{pspicture}(\linewidth,5)

and place your text objects with \rput