[pstricks] PSTricks versus CorelDraw

Paul Pontikis P.Pontikis at latrobe.edu.au
Mon Jun 6 09:11:51 CEST 2005

Dear PSTricks Users

I am very interested in the different methods used for including
drawings in LaTeX documents. I have often used the LaTeX picture
environment and have become aware of its limitations. Consequently, I am
interested in PSTricks and have been following the mailing list.

Recently, it was suggested to me that PSTricks was not an ideal drawing
tool, and that instead, pictures should be created in a package such as
CorelDraw. To do this, maths can be imported into Corel from the LaTeX
dvi file, and plots from a maths package such as Maple. Annotations can
then be added with Corel's drawing tools. The resulting picture is
exported as an eps file.

I would like to understand the advantages that PSTricks has over
creating an eps file in this way, and would appreciate any responses
that users may have. I hope, as a result, to use PSTricks as my
preferred drawing tool, and to understand why I have chosen it.

Thank you

Paul Pontikis