[pstricks] Gouraud shading

na199 at gmx.de na199 at gmx.de
Sat May 28 17:32:25 CEST 2005

Well, I loaded the picture mentioned below by our chinese friend and had
no problem to view it with gsview (version 4.6). Also converting to an
pdf-file worked then.
Augmented the Gouraud shading looks on screen much better than my own
shading efforts with pstricks.

But with other programs I had problems even to open the eps-file: where I
got an explanation about the failure, they complained about the "shfill"-
command at the end of the eps-file.

My Adobe Illustrator 10 could not load it.

A conversion to a ps-file gave a more realistic size: 2.6 MB instead of
37 kb. My guess is that the number of procedures exhausts either the
capabilities of some postscript interpreters or the hardware's memory.

It seems that one should use this technique - at least a fresh and
promising approach - with care; not everybody might be able to see the
results.

Henning Heinze